RIK LAZENBY - OWNER
Rik Lazenby is the owner and principal artist of Lazenby’s Decorative Arts Studio, Inc. Rik began his decorative arts business in 2000 after serving 32 years as an art teacher and administrator in a local school district. Rik has a strong art background with both a Bachelor and Master’s Degree from the University of Alabama with an emphasis in art education. However, to excel in his new business he had to sharpen his skills by studying with nationally recognized teachers in the decorative arts industry. To date, Rik has studied with Martin Alan Hirsch of the Faux Finish School in Louisville and Doyle Self of the School of Italian Plasters in Dallas. Rik has also traveled to Verona, Italy to obtain his certification at Safra Colors, one of the premier manufacturers of authentic Italian Plasters.
Rik is always striving to upgrade his skill level in many different areas of the decorative arts field. He continually searches for new products and finds teachers skilled in their usage. He brings these products and skills back to his studio where they are perfected and shared with his clients. He is both an artist and a craftsman and his goal is to take his clients’ visions and bring them to life with his special touch. He loves to create new and exciting finishes for his clients and is not afraid to step outside of the box and try new and interesting materials to get extraordinary results. Over the years Rik has developed a reputation for integrity and excellence. And that’s something he values as highly as his own artistic ability.
Lazenby’s Decorative Arts Studio is recognized as one of the top decorative arts studios in the state of Alabama. Owned and operated by Rik Lazenby, the studio was established in 2000 and incorporated in 2008. Specializing in Old World and faux finishes, authentic Italian, Venetian and American plasters, Lazenby’s is known for technically challenging projects and a high level of craftsmanship. Our mastery of wall glazing, metallics, murals and cabinetry finishes add to the breadth of skill we can bring to your project. And most importantly, our creativity doesn’t come at the expense of timeliness. Lazenby’s always stays on schedule. For every project we only use top-of-the-line professional products that are both durable and easy to maintain.
Lazenby's Decorative Arts Studio, Inc.
6128 Double Oak Way
Birmingham, AL 35242
Rik Lazenby email@example.com
Jennifer Lazenby Jennifer@lazenbystudio.com
General Liability Insurance
Workers Compensation Insurance
State of Alabama
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- University of Alabama, BS Art Education
- University of Alabama, MA Art Education
- The Faux Finish School, Martin Alan Hirsch
- The Art and Business of Faux Finishing
- Designer Wall Finishes Workshop
- Update Class
- Certified Applicator for Arcustone
- Certified Applicator for American Clay Plaster
- The School of Italian Plasters, Doyle Self
- Certification for Application of Authentic Italian Plasters
- Advanced Certification for Application of Authentic Italian Plasters
- Update Class
- SAFRA Decoration Academy, Verona, Italy
- Advanced Certification in Italy for te Application of Authentic Italian Plasters
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- SALI (Stencil Artisans League, Inc.)
- Greater Birmingham Association of Home Builders
- International Directory of Decorative Painters
- MuralsPlus Forum and Gallery
- School of Italian Plasters Forum and Gallery
AWARDS & COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECTS
- Parade of Homes - 2004 Gold Award
- Parade of Homes - 2006 Gold Award
- Parade of Homes - 2007 Gold Award
COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECTS
- The Church at Brookhills, "Extreme Home Makeover"
- Birmingham Home & Gardens Magazine Inspiration Home - 2006
- Birmingham Home & Gardens Magazine Inspiration Home - 2007
Lazenby's Industry Partners
Southern Accents Architectural Antiques, Inc.
Needco, Inc. The Cabinet Company
Ron Hansen Design
River Bottom Pine
Judith Suzann Studio
Four Corners Custom Framing Gallery
Concrete Creations by Canica
McKay Building Co., Inc.
Distinctive Homes Magazine